Dr. Ripa joined Nebraska Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine in 1989. He was born and raised in Wilber, Nebraska, and completed his undergraduate and medical training at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He completed his residency at Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas, followed by a Fellowship in Spine Surgery in New Orleans, Louisiana and Acute Spinal Injury Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Ripa has also received specialized training in Artificial Joint Replacement of the Knee & Hip, as well as in The Birmingham Hip Resurfacing System. Dr. Ripa’s practice encompasses Spine Care, general orthopaedics, and knee and hip replacement surgery.
Dr. Ripa is married and has two daughters. During the summer months, chances are you will find him on his John Deere tractor or Gator. You may also see him playing his trumpet at Wilber Czech Days which takes place each August in Wilber, Nebraska.
- B.S./M.D. – University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1983
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Temple, Texas
- Transitional Residency, 1983-1984
- Orthopaedic Surgery, 1984-1988
- Fellowship in Spinal Surgery, 1988
- Fellowship in Acute Spinal Injury Surgery, 1989
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, July 1991
- Recertified, 2011
- Joint Replacement – Hip and Knee
- General Orthopaedics
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
- Spine Care
- Brian P., RMA
- Marilyn M., APRN