SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
Your appointment allows time to address one priority problem. If you have more than one ailment to discuss, please notify the scheduler when you make the appointment.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Health insurance card
- Referral form (if applicable)
- Relevant medical records, x-rays, scans or MRI’s
- Work Comp or third party liability insurance company information.
If you are running late or unable to make your appointment, please contact our office as soon as possible
We request 24-hour notice for cancellations and are happy to reschedule you at that time.
HIPAA NOTICE OF PRIVACY
MINOR PATIENT POLICY
We strongly encourage all patients under the age of 19 be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is able to provide legal consent to treatment(s).
We offer same day appointments for patients with emergent on-the-job injuries.
For more information on scheduling a work-related appointment, visit our Workers’ Compensation page.
Insurance, Billing and Payment
- BlueCross BlueShield of Nebraska
- Aetna/Coventry (Please call your insurance company for verification as narrow networks exist with whom we are not contracted)
- Medicare, Railroad Medicare (and some third party Medicare replacement policies)
- Medicaid of Nebraska (including UHC Community Plan, Nebraska Total Care and WellCare of Nebraska)
- Midlands Choice (any participating carrier in network)
- United HealthCare
- Nebraska Worker’s Compensation
For questions regarding your account, insurance claims, billing or payments you may contact our patient account representatives at 402-488-3322 extension 5002
REFERRALS & AUTHORIZATION SERVICES
Some insurance companies require a referral from your primary care physician before seeing a specialist. All referral forms need to be sent to our office either electronically or in paper format prior to your appointment. If we do not have your completed referral form on the day of your appointment, your appointment will need to be rescheduled to a later date.
ONLINE BILL PAY
STATEMENTS & PAYMENT METHODS
Statements are mailed to patients every four weeks. Finance charges are applied to balances over 60 days old from the date it becomes the patient’s responsibility. Finance charges amount to 1.33% monthly, 16% annually.
For your convenience we accept:
- American Express (Am Ex)
- No Insurance: If you are not filing a claim with an insurance policy, there is a deposit due prior to services being rendered. Please contact our office for additional information.
- Co-Pays: All co-pays are due at the time of your visit.
- Medicare: Medicare is accepted. Be prepared to provide your Medicare card at each visit.
- Worker’s Compensation: Worker’s Compensation is billed to your employer or their insurance carrier. Please be advised that if workers compensation denies your claim, it will be filed with your private insurance carrier. If you do not have private insurance, you will be responsible for all charges.
- Medicaid: We will file your claim for services provided, and accept their payment as payment in full. You are responsible for the co-pay, which is due at the time of your visit.
GLOSSARY OF HEALTH COVERAGE & MEDICAL TERMS
We understand terminology can be confusing. Please consult the glossary below to help explain many common terms used in health care:
Medical Records and Pre-Certification
Patient files are confidential and are kept a part of our permanent record for the amount of time required by law.
Medical records will not be given to anyone without written consent. You may print and sign the Authorization to Release Medical Information form if you need a copy of your medical records, x-rays or MRI’s.
Patients need to contact their insurance company to verify if their policy requires pre-certification.
Many insurance policies require pre-certification to insure payment for surgery, special tests (MRI), or durable medical goods (medical supplies, braces, equipment).
For questions related to billing at surgical centers (facility fees, anesthesia, etc.), please contact the facility where you are having surgery.
PATIENT FORMS REQUESTS
$10.00 Fee Notice
In order to complete your request for any forms related to Workers’ Compensation, Disability Insurance, or Health Insurance, there will be a $10.00 processing fee.
While we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, a processing fee is customary and standard in many medical practices
PRESCRIPTION REFILL POLICY
To prevent an emergency, please contact our office at least 24 hours before your prescription(s) run out so that your pharmacy has time to fill your medication(s).
To have a prescription refilled, you or your pharmacist will need to contact our office during the hours noted below.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am – 12:00pm
When you call, please provide us with your name, the medication to be refilled, and the date of the last refill.
Refills requests are not permitted on evenings and weekends.
Prescription refills requests are approved by your treating provider, and your request may be denied.
Certain medications cannot be called or faxed into your pharmacy. As a result we will need to issue you a physical prescription. Patients living in Lincoln are required to pick up their prescription at our Main Office.