Dr. Robert Dugas has been active in the practice of Orthopaedic surgery since 1989, originally joining Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine in 1990. In 2006, he returned to Louisiana after spending 16 years in Lincoln.
Following eight years of practice in Louisiana where he was the founder of The Baton Rouge Sports Medicine Clinic, an Instructor and an Assistant Professor for the LSU Department of Orthopaedics’ Resident Education Program, and The Lafayette General/University Medical Center’s Director of Orthopaedic Resident Education, he returns to NOASM to re-establish his Orthopaedic practice. In addition to his practice at NOASM, Dr. Dugas serves as the Director of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine for the University of Nebraska Athletic Department.
Born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, Dr. Dugas completed his undergraduate studies at Louisiana State University and earned his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine-New Orleans. He completed his Orthopaedic surgery residency at Charity Hospital of New Orleans, followed by a Fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
While at LSU, he was a three-year football letterman. He is a member of the LSU Athletic Hall of Fame. During his football career, he was an Academic All-American, a Football News All-American Offensive Tackle, a two-time All Southeastern Conference Offensive Tackle, and in 1978, he received the Jacob’s Trophy Award, where he was honored as the SEC’s Top Offensive Lineman.
His practice interests and expertise include knee and shoulder reconstruction, sports injury evaluation and prevention, and arthroscopic surgery. Dr. Dugas is Board Certified in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine, and The Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Dr. Dugas is married and has four children, two sons and two daughters. He enjoys outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, and golf. He is honored to return to Lincoln and to be involved in the care of the Husker Athletes.Tastylia (Tadalafil) Purchase 20 MG Education" > http://restauracefantasy.cz/?kljaksade=24option-test 24option test Education
- B.S. – Louisiana State University-Baton Rouge, 1979
- M.D. – Louisiana State University School of Medicine-New Orleans, 1983
- Rotating Surgical Internship – Charity Hospital of New Orleans, Louisiana, 1983-1984
- Louisiana State University Medical Center-New Orleans, 1984-1988
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1988-1989
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991
- Recertified, 2001, 2011
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine Certification, 2008
- Director of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Athletic Department
- Knee and Shoulder Reconstruction
- Sports Injury Evaluation and Prevention
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Amanda Y., PA-C
- Amanda S., ATC