Dr. Mulka joined Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine in July 2012. Born and raised in Michigan, Dr. Mulka completed his undergraduate studies in mechanical engineering at the University of Michigan. He also completed his Masters and Doctorate in biomedical engineering at the University of Michigan. He earned his medical degree from the Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. This was followed by a transitional year internship at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI where he served as the chief transitional year resident.
He completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. This included extensive training in ultrasound guided musculoskeletal injections, electromyography and nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS), and fluoroscopically (x-ray) guided lumbar spine injections. These areas of expertise will be the focus of his practice at NOASM.
Dr. Mulka is married and has six children.Education
- B.S.E. – University of Michigan, 2001
- M.S.E. – University of Michigan, 2003
- Ph.D. – University of Michigan, 2004
- M.D. – Wayne State University School of Medicine, 2008
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Chief Resident 2008-2009
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, 2009-2012
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2014
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal injections
- Chantell F., RN
Forms for Dr.Mulka
Watch Dr. Mulka’s video clip below on Understanding Tendon Pain